installing omw to usb disk - shows white curser on bootup

• Hi all,

I have a HP micro server G7 where i have 4 disks in raid 5 and running omw on a usb stick.

now i learned another of my post not long ago that using usb sticks is a no go.. so i bought a usb harddisk..

I removed all the disk from the server and made a bootable usb with OMW on it. I pluged it and the usb harddisk, a samsung m3 something, in to the server and went through the installation..

after that i restarted the server with only the usb hardisk in it.

all i got during boot was a white curser blinking in the top left cornor..

seem to remember this is a problem with where grub is installed or something..

any help would be apriciated!!

About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
    Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT
    Webpage: http://www.dingit.dk

• You need to go back into bios and look at disk priority in the boot section.
    Make sure you set your USB drive as the first disk in the menu.

Basically your motherboard is booting from the wrong drive. it's booting from one of your data dives and it can't find an os.

• I have been testing this issue out allot.. and i also did try this.. but i keep getting grub rescue..

I have trying all sorts of things in the grub rescue and also had some help from a guy i know but we can't get it to work..

I will pursue another angel on this and make another post..

thanks for answering!

About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
    Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT
    Webpage: http://www.dingit.dk

• Here is what I would try.

Format system drive
    Disconnect all data drives and only leave usb installer and formated system drive.
    Install omv.
    reboot
    login to web gui.
    If successful power down through web gui
    reconnect your data drives and boot to bios.
    make sure you have your boot priorities set correctly
    reboot
    success!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!