Partitioner scanning disks

• I am trying to install OMV 1.9 on a new HP ML310e gen8 ver 2 server with a smart array p222 card in it. I have 1 logical drive setup up in the array on 1 500GB and then plan on adding 3 3TB disks in raid 5 after the install. The embedded array controller is disabled.

During the install, it gets to the screen where it is scanning the hard disks and just sits at 52%. I am installing from a usb stick and have tried re-downloading the iso and creating the bootable usb stick thinking it may have been a corrupt download or file, but still gets stuck at the same spot.

I have tried removing and disabling everything and hooked up a sata drive in place of the dvd drive thinking it is a controller issue. It still won't get past the same spot in installation. There is always the same error saying there are multiple drives and to make sure I pick the right one, but it doesn't get past the scanning disks.

I have disable the serial port, set on board sata controller to legacy. Ideally I would like to use the P222 for the hardware raid.

Are there any other ideas to try?

Andrew

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unplug all drives except the OS drive. You may have to unplug the raid card too. If all that doesn't work, just install using the Debian Wheezy netinst and install OMV on top of that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• For an FYI, I finally got it to work.

I tried to install debian with netinst with everything disconnected with same result. I even took my spare stat drive from my desktop and replaced the dvd drive with it and disconnected the drive array while disabling everything in the bios except the sata port of the drive and still the same problem. I tried a different usb stick to install from with and it still had the same problem.

After researching for a few days, it was recommended that I use the advance install of debian and unmount the usb stick before partitioning as some usb sticks have problems (http://www.karadzhov.com/2013/…ation-scanning-disks.html), I was using a a kingston 4gb data traveller. After being able to get debian installed, i decided to go back to installing OMV from scratch using a cd this time. It worked fine with everything hooked up. I ran into one problem with checking the archive that I had to skip, I think my firewall was blocking and I didn't want to waste time playing with.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!