has anyone had success with omw on USB HDD? I keep getting grub rescue when i start it

• Hi all,

I have been trying all day to get my HP micro server G7 to start OMW using a USB HDD samsung G3 mobile hdd..

when starting the server i keep getting the grub rescue :(

I have pulled all the disc and both tried to install from usb CDROM and USB stick with no luck..

I have tried the different suggetion with the SET command in grub rescue but its not something i'm that good with. So i may have done it wrong or maybe there is something i don't know..

I have tried using the boot repair disk from the ubuntu people with no luck..

does anyone have a working recipie for getting this to work?

Thanks!

About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
    Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT
    Webpage: http://www.dingit.dk

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try SuperGrubDisk. If you have to put the cdrom and usb hdd in another system (unplug all other drives) to fix.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I ran OMV on various USB for a while before deciding to land the installation on a 20G partition. This is what I do, I have OMV installable files on a 2G USB and I install from there at will to USB drives or HDD. Works all the time.

• Ryecoaaron what does supergrubdisk do? the site is a bit messy with information

About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
    Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT

• do i understand it correctly that i need to boot off of the iso each time i start the nas and choose to start linux IE OMW?

About me:

Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT

• Offizieller Beitrag

The bullet point that says "Helps you to fix your GRUB or GRUB2" is the feature I thought you needed. Click on that link.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!