Access permissions due to extplorer moving command

• Hi all,

I am currently running an OMV 1.16 system and on it I am using extplorer 1.1.

The problem I have is that extplorer do not apply the destination folder access permissions to the a file when I move the file with extplorer. Is there any workaround or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot for help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you move a file, it should keep its permissions.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Samba has settings to inherit permissions. That is why they change. Using extplorer is the equivalent of using the mv command. You could move the files and then change the permissions of a group of files. Why are the source permissions so different than the destination?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• ah ok, thanks for the explanation. makes sense now.

I am photoshopping photos I want to share with several friends. I have a specific folder on OMV which syncs via BTSync. On that folder no one but me has access permission. Then I move the files to the folder to which my friends in the group ftp have access via ftp.

Do you have another idea for my setup?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Move them from one folder to the other with samba?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the files are on the same samba share, it will move the file directly on the host without copying to the client first. So, as long as the files are staying on the same drive, you could create a share at the root of the drive (/). Then move from one shared subfolder (called btsync for example) to another shared subfolder (call photoshop_work for example) almost instantly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!