transmission goes wrong and stop after adding torrent shortly

• 1. Create one user and join in the "user, debian-transmission, openmediavault, vboxuser" group

2. create two shared folders: one is "ptcomplete" and the other is "ptincomplete"

3. make sure debian-transmission have the read/write access to the two folders

4.go to "service-->bitTorrent", howto setup "files and locations"?? If just set sharded folder and don't set the directory, then the Transmission goes wrong after i added torrent shortly

the error is :Permission denied (/media/a608e177-58b9-44ef-aff2-2923fbbbed52/data/ptcomplete///Hot.Road.2014.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-MTeam/Hot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is better if you setup shared folder data, then select that one in transmission, and add in the text field below ptcomplete and ptincomplete without initial or trailing slash.

The daemon username debian-transmission use to belong to "users" group. Now it doesn't provide this setup during install any more. This particular problem leaves most new users with the only gui option to add ACL to the folders which in my opinion is not good or open the shared folder to 777.

If you want to avoid ACL, you can add debian-transmission to group users, you can do it in ssh with:

useradd -G users debian-transmission

Next to the shared folder section you'll find a reset permission utility, use that to default permissions (775) and get rid of ACL.

Tell me how it goes after this.

• thx for reply.

type this

Code
    useradd -G users debian-transmission

in putty, it tells that user "debian-transmission" already exist.

Go to "shared folders" ,reset permissions,

Code
    Changing owner to root:users ...
    Change directory permissions to 2775 ...
    Change file permissions to 664 ...
    Done...

do it again to the other transmission directories.

But error still the same in Transmission.

Code
    Permission denied (/media/a608e177-58b9-44ef-aff2-2923fbbbed52/data/ptcomplete///Hot.Road.2014.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-MTeam/Hot.
  • haha, i don't what happened, today, i do nothing, just log in with username :admin & password: openmediavault, it's ok, i can log again

as for the Transmission permission, may the belowing is why

take a look this picture, u can see that all the transmission directories are the sub-diectory of the "data" diectory, and i can't "detele" all those directories, because

Code
    ls -lh

the result is

Code
    drwx------  5 root root    59  4月  5 22:06 data

is it means only root can read/write ?

but if

Code
    root@openmediavault:/media/a608e177-58b9-44ef-aff2-2923fbbbed52# ls -lh data/
    总用量 12K
    drwxrwsr-x+ 3 root users 23  4月  5 21:17 incomplete
    drwxrwsr-x+ 3 root users 18  4月  5 22:34 ptcomplete
    drwxrwsr-x+ 4 root users 35  4月  5 22:34 ptincomplete
    root@openmediavault:/media/a608e177-58b9-44ef-aff2-2923fbbbed52#

i'm confused.

• drwx------ 5 root root 59 4月 5 22:06 data is the key to your problem. Since only root has read and execute permissions on the directory debian-transmission can't reach any subdirectories. A user needs execute permissions on a directory to enter a directory and to be able to access files inside the directory. It needs read permissions on it to list the contents of the directory.

• A user needs execute permissions on a directory to enter a directory and to be able to access files inside the directory.

Also called traverse folder bit. Pretty nice feature... ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!