USB Backup and AUFS/MHDDFS does not work

• OMV 1.0
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• USB Backup and AUFS/MHDDFS does not work

Hi,

I just moved from a windows server to OMV with a mhddfs storage pool.
      I wanted to use the USB Backup Plugin but it figured out that it has problems with the mhddfs filesystem.

When I try to add a USB Backup job I get following error message

Source Code

1. Filesystem '/media/d65835cf-c3d2-4254-88ac-c350949e4e52' not found
      2. Fehler #6000:
      3. exception 'OMVException' with message 'Filesystem '/media/d65835cf-c3d2-4254-88ac-c350949e4e52' not found' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usbbackup.inc:82
      4. Stack trace:
      5. #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUsbBackup->getCandidates(Array, Array)
      6. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      7. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getCandidates', Array, Array)
      8. #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('UsbBackup', 'getCandidates', Array, Array, 1)
      9. #4 {main}

Your support is highly appreciated :)

Regards
      Frotza
    • I can replicate this. @HK-47 is this a bug in the unionfs backend or the usbbackup code?
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • It's not a bug. As I understand it you're trying to backup to an/a aufs/mhddfs drive. The usbbackup plugin works with single drives and real filesystems. Aufs/mhddfs is not a "real" filesystem and works on two drives or more. I have no way (as far as I know) too hide the unionfilesystems in the usbbackup plugin but they would be hidden if we could.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HK-47 ().

• No, you understood it wrong...
      • Source is a Shared folder on a pool
      • Target will be a single USB/SATA drive
      When I klick add the error message mentioned above appears. I can klick OK and choose the shared folder I want to backup (it is located in a pool). Then I want to choose the target and the message appears again and the target dropdown remains empty.
    • It causes the usb plugin to not work at all though even if you don't want to use a pool. It fails on this command - $fs = new OMVFilesystem($objectv['devicefile']); So, it must not like the devicefile entry it is getting.
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!