USB Backup and AUFS/MHDDFS does not work

• Hi,

I just moved from a windows server to OMV with a mhddfs storage pool.
    I wanted to use the USB Backup Plugin but it figured out that it has problems with the mhddfs filesystem.

When I try to add a USB Backup job I get following error message

Your support is highly appreciated :)

Regards
    Frotza

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can replicate this. @HK-47 is this a bug in the unionfs backend or the usbbackup code?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It's not a bug. As I understand it you're trying to backup to an/a aufs/mhddfs drive. The usbbackup plugin works with single drives and real filesystems. Aufs/mhddfs is not a "real" filesystem and works on two drives or more. I have no way (as far as I know) too hide the unionfilesystems in the usbbackup plugin but they would be hidden if we could.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HK-47 ()

• No, you understood it wrong...

• Source is a Shared folder on a pool
    • Target will be a single USB/SATA drive

When I klick add the error message mentioned above appears. I can klick OK and choose the shared folder I want to backup (it is located in a pool). Then I want to choose the target and the message appears again and the target dropdown remains empty.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It causes the usb plugin to not work at all though even if you don't want to use a pool. It fails on this command - $fs = new OMVFilesystem($objectv['devicefile']); So, it must not like the devicefile entry it is getting.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I understand. I tracked it down and couldn't figure out why OMVFilesystemUnion::exists always returned false but it turned out to be a bug in usbbackup. But even if that bug is fixed it will not work since it will just fail with the next statement. Asked Volker about it to see if it can be fixed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The bug is fixed but not released. Couldn't find the commit though.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!