Another clean, degraded

• I had a drive start throwing a lot of SMART errors relating to pending sectors and then those eventually became unreadable, etc.. I replaced the drive, and rebuilt the array. All is well, except the RAID status is clean,degraded. All drives that should be in the array are showing up, however there is an 8th drive (there are only 7 drives total in the array) showing as removed. This was /dev/sdi that was the bad drive. However, I have an external USB also plugged into this system that seems to have grabbed /dev/sdi now. I'm not sure if that's causing the issue or what..

Basically this clean,degraded doesn't seem to have any negative impact, but I would like to get it back to just 'clean', assuming it doesn't require another rebuild (if it does, I'll just leave it as is).

Any suggestions?

Here's the output from OMV's 'detail' tab on the array.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you tried the remove button in the OMV web interface in the raid tab?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hrm.. that probably seems like it would've been a good idea to do before I replaced the drive.. ;)

Thanks for the reply!

The button is not active within the RAID GUI area of OMV.

I also received SparesMissing email this morning, as well as a DegradedArray alert. Related, I assume..

Suggestions?

Code
    A SparesMissing event had been detected on md device /dev/md/3TBARRAY.Faithfully yours, etc.P.S. The /proc/mdstat file currently contains the following:Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]md127 : active raid6 sdh[9] sdb[0] sde[8] sda[6] sdf[4] sdc[5] sdg[1]      17581590528 blocks super 1.2 level 6, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [8/7] [UUUUUUU_]unused devices: <none>

Code
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]md127 : active raid6 sdh[9] sdb[0] sde[8] sda[6] sdf[4] sdc[5] sdg[1]      17581590528 blocks super 1.2 level 6, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [8/7] [UUUUUUU_]unused devices: <none>

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!