Problem Growing Raid5

• 3 days ago, I added a new 3tb hd to my 4x3tb raid5. The 4 disk raid was about 90% filled. I started the grow process from the web interface and everything seemed OK. I checked it throughout the afternoon and evening and everything seemed OK. I was getting something like it would take about 28 hours. So, the next day at the 24 hour point or so, I checked again and the process stated it was at about 70%, so I thought I was ok so I left it to continue over night. Next morning, it still seemed to be reshaping and The web interface tells me that the CPU is at 100% utilization, CPU= AMD A6400. But the point is not it does not give me any information. I can log into the server, but if I do cat /proc/mdstat, I get nothing. I can do an fdisk -l and it gives me information on all the disks, but nothing that looks into the raid seems to work. Any ideas? Now some 50 hours in, do I assume that the process is working and wait because I had so much data on the drives and it takes so much time to reshape, Or do I try something else?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Cwj () aus folgendem Grund: I too the plundge and rebooted. Something had crashed and I had to do a hard reboot. Now it is re-syncing. Fingers crossed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!