Restart services after update

• Hi everyone,

From the "debian-goodies" regular Debian package, there's a "checkrestart" command which is able to show the processes still using the old libraries even after an upgrade.
    When using "stock" update manager from the Web-UI of OMV, everything seems to be fine BUT when you ssh a "sudo checkrestart" on your box, it appears that A LOT of services are not really updated...

Isn't it possible to automate the services restart to deal with it?

BTW: Thank you for this wonderful piece of a NAS solution!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know what you updated to have that many services that need to be restarted but I think you would be better off to reboot. This comment Administrators should not, however, rely on its output completely (see BUGS below). makes me think using this program is a little over-rated.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thats normal behaviour. In times we got shellshock, heartbleed, etc. it is suggested to reboot your system after the security update has been applied, so that all programs are forced to use the new updated libraries.

For systems that are citrical in use, you may go through such lists that show which program still uses old version of libraries to restart them without rebooting the whole system. But come on, thats not the target audience of OpenMediaVault, isn't it?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!