Help with new AUFS and SnapRAID setup

• I'm in the process of a new build and wanted to use SnapRAID with AUFS. Seemed easy enough but as I move forward I've been confused on how to setup the AUFS side of things. I was using: http://omv-extras.org/simple/i…d=guide-aufs-and-snapraid and simply don't understand the content in the AUFS section.

aufs setup:

Create a shared folder for each drive - d1, d2, d3. - So this is in 'Share Folders' of OMV I guess?
    Create a shared folder on any drive called poolshare. - Same assumption as above.
    Set the bind share as poolshare. - Where do I do this?
    Set three branches as d1, d2, d3. - Where do I set branches?
    Check the mfs checkbox if you want the drives balanced. Leave unchecked to preserve folder structure. - I've seen no checkboxes during trial run of an aufs pool.
    Use the poolshare shared folder in other plugins (samba for example). No need to use d1,d2,d3 in any plugin.

Am I using an outdate doc against an updated plugin?

As well is it logical to setup the SnapRAID on the physical disks BEFORE the AUFS pool? I assumed it was the other way around.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The doc is outdated. You will use the unionfilesystem plugin and select aufs instead of the aufs plugin. I will update the doc. Updated.

The order is unimportant. SnapRAID and AUFS both run on top of the filesystem

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Glad it makes sense :)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!