Help with new AUFS and SnapRAID setup

• OMV 1.0
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Help with new AUFS and SnapRAID setup

I'm in the process of a new build and wanted to use SnapRAID with AUFS. Seemed easy enough but as I move forward I've been confused on how to setup the AUFS side of things. I was using: omv-extras.org/simple/index.php?id=guide-aufs-and-snapraid and simply don't understand the content in the AUFS section.

aufs setup:

Create a shared folder for each drive - d1, d2, d3. - So this is in 'Share Folders' of OMV I guess?
      Create a shared folder on any drive called poolshare. - Same assumption as above.
      Set the bind share as poolshare. - Where do I do this?
      Set three branches as d1, d2, d3. - Where do I set branches?
      Check the mfs checkbox if you want the drives balanced. Leave unchecked to preserve folder structure. - I've seen no checkboxes during trial run of an aufs pool.
      Use the poolshare shared folder in other plugins (samba for example). No need to use d1,d2,d3 in any plugin.

Am I using an outdate doc against an updated plugin?

As well is it logical to setup the SnapRAID on the physical disks BEFORE the AUFS pool? I assumed it was the other way around.
    • The doc is outdated. You will use the unionfilesystem plugin and select aufs instead of the aufs plugin. I will update the doc. Updated.

The order is unimportant. SnapRAID and AUFS both run on top of the filesystem
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.9
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

The post was edited 1 time, last by ryecoaaron ().