Greyhole pool is missing

• Hello,
    Yesterday one of my greyhole pools went missing. The Greyhole plugin says that the space is NaN undefined.
    There is also a lot of Trash on my greyhole drives. I'm wondering if the one pool was deleted, which maybe filled up all of the trash.

Any ideas on what is happening?
    thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did the drive fail?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The drive did not fail, at least I don't think so. Using putty I can cd to the drive, although it's contents are strange:

Code
    root@openmediavault:/media/7fb5cc61-3820-4cc5-868c-d458bf383370# ls
    ls: reading directory .: Input/output error

In the OMV gui -> Storage -> file systems all of my drives are online. They are all nearly full though, which I think is also strange.

In terms of restoring data, I wonder if the trash is full, amongst other things. Reading about the greyhole trash, I keep seeing references to .gh_trash folders. I can't find anything like this on my drives. I have trash enabled.

I really have no idea what to do.

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

The input/output error when executing ls is a bad sign that drive has probably failed. What is the output of: mount

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, the drive is still mounted read/write but there is something wrong with it. Look in the output of dmesg for errors.

• There are many output errors like below:

If the drive is lost, so be it. However, shouldn't I have access to the smb share (or the files that were on the drive) somehow? I have Greyhole setup for each smb share to have 2 file copies. I thought this meant that each file is saved on 2 different drives for redundancy. Clearly something is happening with Greyhole because my drives used to be something like 60% full and now they are 92% full.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!