Autoshutdown Disable SMBSTATUS Check

• Hello,

i know some users need the check for aktive SMB conections but is there a way to disable this?
    Talking about this:
    Samba connected (reported by smbstatus) -> no shutdown

Autoshutdown is set to not shutdown if theres and ULDL Rate of more than 50 kB/s.
    Now if someone is watching a movie with the folder open in the background and they fall asleep like in the middle of the movie (*cough* Girlfriend *cough*)
    My NAS should shutdown if the movie is finished so the ULDL Rate is below 50 kB/s but it stays online because of the SMBstatus check.

greetings
    Haytred

• unfortunately thats not working. it checks Samba regardless of what i put into the portcheck.
    Ive set IP check to 253..254 and portcheck to 999 just to make sure.

the Portcheck for 445 looks like this Found active connection on port 445 (SMB/CIFS) from 192.168.0.100
    with 999 in ports it wont show anything in the log but the smbstatus will still command the NAS to stay online

• My system not suspend too, because smbcheck found some active connection on port 445 even if no other computer/ip is connectet to the network.

I think its a samba/smbcheck bug that locked some file even after the smb connection is gone --> http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/to…s-verhindern-autosuspend/.

• tried a fresh install onto an extra usb drive but the problem is the same.
    the SMBCheck prevents the shutdown

• if autoshutdown detects a connection, then there is a connection. You can check it with netstat -tulpen and smbstatus
    This two commands are used to detect connections

• but cant we disable the SMBcheck?
    I would like autoshutdown to shutdown if there is no activity even if someone has an open folder in the background.

• Are your PCs conntected from Windows to your server? Windows does not close connections sometimes. So don't blame this script or OMV.

Never mind! Please post the output of
    smbstatus
    smbstatus -p
    smbstatus -v
    and I'll have a look.
    Thx

• Have the same or very similar issue from long time with Windows 10

Below my output,

General SMB not close connection and keep it forever, because my laptop under 192.168.11.145 not working from long time. So I assume this is SAMBA issue, can you help with configure SAMABA to autodisconnect after some time?

• Try to remove port 445 from the list of ports.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!