About the Bittorrent plugins

• Is there a plugin which let's ME decide where I want the files to be downloaded?

For example

I have the a Torrent the name would be tosec in this torrent there is a folder structure which I already have.

So in my folderstructure (windows!) it would be like this

D:\Computersystems\Tosec\-> here should be the files <-

In other words when I add a torrent in utorrent there is an option to select a folder for the files and not the one which is always in the bittorent clients in openmediavault.
    Also there is a box underneath the folder selection called "Create subfolder" is there such an option?

• Any torrentplugin which is in the distro.
    For transmission there is a gui.
    As with Deluge I cannot get anything to run.
    Someone mentioned to me that rtorrent would be a better solution but I think that wouldn't do it either.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any torrentplugin which is in the distro.

There is only two available

For transmission there is a gui.

Deluge comes with is own webUI for settings and view, the transmission UI in OMV was developed here to provide access to the settings. Otherwise people would have to start editing manually the settins.json file.

As with Deluge I cannot get anything to run.

Explain whats your problem more in detail, the webui doesn't open, torrents don't start. I can't guess from that sentence line

Someone mentioned to me that rtorrent would be a better solution but I think that wouldn't do it either.

If you want you can install rtorrent, but the build and install requires intermediate linux knowldege. rtorrent is the daemon, you need also rutorrent for webUI unless you feel comfortable adding torrents with CLI

I read again your post, and if what you are looking for is the same functionality you have in a desktop client where a windows opens and you browse through folders (file explorer), then no, you will not see that in the torrent clients we provide as plugin, neither I think rtorrent does.

• So then it would be a waste of time for me to use that. That's a shame. I do not want to throw all my created folders "over board".

An example

This is my hdd for the Tosec related things.

If I use a torrent called xyz.torrent. This torrent will save everything into folder xyz and that is the point I do not want. When I point the torrent to the folder Tosec instead it should begin to check the files and after checking everything it should wait for me to start it.

Is this somehow possible???

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a similar approach using the deluge plugin called AutoAdd. You set up several watch folders in OMV, into each folder you can add a torrent file and depending into which folder it goes, deluge will put them into the folder you specify.

I usually export this folder with nfs and in my linux laptop i have to save the torrent file into one of those folder and deluge will start working.

The autoadd plugin doesn't work in the webUI of deluge, you have to use deluge thin client in a Desktop to connect to the daemon and configure it.

• At the moment I try to get deluge to write correct. My path for now would be

/media/db969993-95c8-40cc-9a0a-66571f911975/volume1_public/_Backup/Torrents

But I'll get an error which I think is read write related.

I cannot find anything in the /mnt folder. The shared folder has the name ALL on volume /dev/md127.

So I think I try to access without using the shared folder and that is prohibited by the system.

Also this Thin CLient thing. Is this like the gui programm for Transmission?
    As I cannot find anything windows related for a deluge windows gui program.

When I have this sorted out the fun starts with changing the two HDDs from the LG NAS I used (the raid0 was found correct by OMV/Kernel which surprised me a lot) to 4 newer bigger ones without losing all the data from the older two. But that is, I think, a far and stoney road :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I cannot find anything in the /mnt folder.

Mounted drives are at /media/long-uuid/

Also this Thin CLient thing. Is this like the gui programm for Transmission?

Is a desktop software (multiplatform) developed in GTK.

As I cannot find anything windows related for a deluge windows gui program.

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Download You can download there, once is starts go to preferences, turn off classic mode, restart and connect to the daemon at omv, user, pw port and IP. For all of this please refer to de the web page documentation

• I used the UUID folders and get the error that the permission is denied in Deluge.
    Also I cannot login with the Thin Client. Even when I use the instructions on the deluge site for editung the files inside the system. The only thing that happend was that I copuld not enter the deluge webinterface anymore and had to uninstall the damn thing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!