vdr issues

• Can I get some help? I am trying to use the vdr plugin with OMV. I have enabled the plugin as well as the extras. My card is an wintv hvr-1250. I use this card in a different linux machine regularly. I am able to get a scan of my local atsc channels. I have set the permissions on my "record" folder to read-write for both vdr and vdradmin-am.

With live I get Error header too large

With steamdev, nothing happens

With vdradmin, Im occasionnally able to login. Sometimes I get an error message.

Can't connect to VDR at localhost:6419: IO::Socket::INET: connect: Connection refused
    Please check if VDR is running and if VDR's svdrphosts.conf is configured correctly.

I have tried enabling and disabling vdr, as well as all of the extras, individually to see if a any combination is successful.

Here is my syslog if this helps. Thanks for any ideas!

• I know this is not an answer but just wanted to say I have the exact same issue, Scan of programmes works, but click on the 'Show' buttons, for Live, Streamdev and VDRAdmin AM, and I get a connection refused for Live and Streamdev and for VDRAdminAM I get:

Can't connect to VDR at localhost:6419: IO::Socket::INET: connect: Connection refused
    Please check if VDR is running and if VDR's svdrphosts.conf is configured correctly.

I have been searching for days for a solution, and have done some of the recommended changes in svdrphosts.conf when I eventually found it, but to no avail.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I may be a confused
    ?( user but I have donated, so shouldn't you too!"

Silverstone DS380B 4+8 Bay NAS Case - ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac - Intel i5 4590T - SuperMicro AOC-SAS2LP MV8 8Port SATA Card - 60GB SSD (OMV OS), 3 x 500GB 2.5" Internal HDD (Non-RAID Plugin Data Folders & Backups) and 8 x 3TB HotSwap HDD (Data RAID 6) - PowerWalker Inline UPS

• All of you have the same problem at least. The issue is that the web interface of OMV stores to much data in cookies which interferes with other services. Try clearing the cookies in the browser and the problem should hopefully go away. With OMV 2.0 the use of cookies is switched to local storage instead which solves the problem. So when you upgrade to 2.0 clear the cookies and the problem should hopefully never occur again.

However, @Atoms can you post the output of your /var/lib/vdr/plugins/streamdev-server/streamdevhosts.conf since it seems to some kind of error in that file.

• Could you try and remove the duplicated lines containing 192.168.11.2/65  and try and start VDR again? The plugin appends to the file currently so it will be multiple lines of the same. I'll have to fix that. :)

• I tried removing duplicate entries and restarting the service. I can get w_scan to pull in channels but none of the Extras seem to be running when I do a port scan. How do I know if VDR is running correctly?

• It should have the status as running in OMV under Diagnostics/Services. You could also execute service vdr status. Try checking the log again too to find out if there's any new errors. I didn't see anything unusual in it besides the errors in streamdevhosts.conf before.

• I am still working on this. I tried a few more things. Cleared all duplicates in the streamdevhosts.conf. Verified privileges to VDR and VDR-admin and video just to cover all options. Then ran tail -f /var/log/messages which I found in some documentation here http://projects.vdr-developer.…tree/INSTALL?h=stable/2.0

• I did manage to get vdr-adminAM working by changing the port number, re-inputting the credentials, saving, then showing. It did take 5 tries to get it to start. No epg info is showing. This makes me think that the ATSC configuration in VDR is not correctly working.

Streamdev had an update, which was installed, and I suspect it was to remove duplicate entries.

Live still has the ERROR header too large

• Seems weird, but if it works :) I have never used ATSC and I'm no expert in EPG issues so I can't be of any help there sadly.

If you haven't done so already upgrade openmediavault-vdr-extras to 1.3 and you should hopefully not get any duplicated entries anymore.

The too large header issue is still cookies. The header grows too large quite fast if you use the web interface of OMV a little while.

• I noticed a few errors in my syslog. Does anyone have a moment to help clear these up

Jun 18 23:08:29 OMV64 vdr: [7457] ERROR: error in /var/lib/vdr/svdrphosts.conf, line 14

Jun 18 23:08:29 OMV64 vdr: [7465] [live] INFO: attempt to listen on ip = '0.0.0.0'
    Jun 18 23:08:29 OMV64 vdr: [7465] [live] ERROR: Unable to load cert/key (/var/lib/vdr/plugins/live/live.pem//var/lib/vdr/plugins/live/live-key.pem): No such file or directory

Jun 18 23:08:29 OMV64 vdr: [7457] ERROR (lirc.c,45): /var/run/lirc/lircd: No such file or directory
    Jun 18 23:08:29 OMV64 vdr: [7457] ERROR: remote control LIRC not ready!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HK-47 ()

• If the // is part of the svdrphosts.conf remove that line.

The other thing that struck me is that maybe it is the /65 that is the issue. Are you trying to only give access to a single computer or a range of computers? And in which span of addresses?

• concerning the svdrphosts.conf I was able to fix by removing the range. This seems strange to me as it was in this format but commented out. This solved that error

The other error with the // I am still having trouble with.

I tried

Code
    cd /var/lib/vdr/plugins/live

and

Code
    ls

shows nothing

HK-47, thanks a bunch for helping me out!!!
    I really want to get this to work as I do not want to keep my mythTV box running in addition to this one. If VDR goes well, I will be upgrading to a bigger machine.

• Weird, I don't see the // in your post anymore, maybe it only was visible with Tapatalk. I moved the log you posted to a codebox (which I suggest you use for logs in the future, button looks like: <>) and then saw that the line it complained about was the 192.168.11.2/65. :)

VDR is a lot nicer than MythTV in my opinion. Tvheadend is nice too (easy to set up), but in my experience a bit to buggy. After understanding how to set up VDR I can't go back :)

We don't use ATSC in my country so I can't really test anything related to it. I did however try to build the atscepg plugin without luck. As I understand it you need to patch VDR to make the plugin work. Maybe XMLTV and VDR could work instead? I've haven't had the time to test it with VDR yet, but XMLTV worked well with Tvheadend.

• I tried xmltv2vdr out a bit and something like this could possibly work.

• Start by fetching xmltv-util: apt-get install xmltv-util --no-install-recommends
    • Download and install the xmltv2vdr Perl script to /usr/local/bin: wget ftp://ftp.tvdr.de/vdr/Tools/xmltv2vdr-1.0.9.tar.gz -O - | tar xz --strip 1 -C /usr/local/bin xmltv2vdr-1.0.9/xmltv2vdr.pl.
    • Login as a normal user instead of root. This user will fetch and push the data.
    • Execute tv_find_grabbers to list available XMLTV grabbers and configure it. For example, tv_grab_eu_epgdata --configure will go through the initial configuration and let you select the channels to fetch data for. Then we run tv_grab_eu_epgdata > ~/.xmltv/channels.xml
    • Now we need to create a channels.conf file that maps the channels. To make it easy to find all files we store everything in the ~/.xmltv directory for the time being.

1. Copy channels conf cp /etc/vdr/channels.conf ~/.xmltv/channels.conf.
      2. From the README (modified paths):

• Now we only need to push the data to VDR. Execute xmltv2vdr.pl -p 6419 -x ~/.xmltv/channels.xml -c ~/.xmltv/channels.conf and check that it works.
    • The only thing left to do is to add two scheduled jobs in OMV for the user you set up XMLTV with. The first one is to fetch XMLTV data once in a while:
      tv_grab_eu_epgdata > ~/.xmltv/channels.xml
      The second one is to push the data to VDR (don't forget to make sure this runs a bit after the first one, otherwise old data will be pushed):
      xmltv2vdr.pl -p 6419 -x ~/.xmltv/channels.xml -c ~/.xmltv/channels.conf
      Or if you want, you could add it as a single job:
      tv_grab_eu_epgdata > ~/.xmltv/channels.xml && xmltv2vdr.pl -p 6419 -x ~/.xmltv/channels.xml -c ~/.xmltv/channels.conf

Don't forget to change tv_grab_eu_epgdata to the grabber you choose.

• I have similar problems with the VDR plugin. I cannot grant it access to the media shared folder? The is no user nor group named VDR or VDR-Admin. If I create one it still has no access. Can someone help me figure out this archaic permissions system? The only way I can get the plugin to run is to not have a recording folder selected. Makes no sense whatsoever!

Ok... So I used ACL to set permissions and now it ran. :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von thebrett () aus folgendem Grund: Discovered a workaround...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!