Scheduled shutdown every day at 0:00

• Scheduled shutdown every day at 0:00

Good afternoon everyone,
      I've been running my OMV machine for almost 2 months for testing because I'm a newbie in here and now I think I'm "ready" to use it. I use RTC alarm from BIOS to boot the machine at 7:15am but I'm not very sure how to shut down my OMV machine every day at 0:00. I tried with scheduled jobs, but if I put the "everyday" option (see screenshot below), I can't put anywhere the time I would like to do the job (shutdown -h now).
      So, my question is: if I select the option to run a task everyday, at what time does OMV do the scheduled task?

Thank you in advance

[IMG:http://ovh.to/Y7e2h1]
      DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
      Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
      with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
      Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
      _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.
    • Thank you subzero! Gonna try this night if it works!
      DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
      Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
      with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
      Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
      _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.
    • Hey I put this scheduled job as you said yesterday evening and the OpenMediaVault machine powered off at 00:00 as I would. Today morning at 7:15 (when the BIOS RTC Alarm is set to start the computer up), but, it didn't boot until 9:15; exactly 2h later than expected as I could see on the "uptime period" at the OMV web.
      think this is caused because, when it shuts down, it synchronises the hardware clock, but for any reason, it "synchronises" 2 hours less than the current time. I don't know why this is happening because I set up the time zone using the WebGUI at GMT+1 (I'm from Catalunya/Catalonia (Spain)) and if I synchronise the time using the web inteface, it is ok. It only happens when I shut down.

By the way, if no one has any solution for that, don't worry. I'll put the BIOS RTC Alarm to boot up at 5:15am so it will turn on at 7:15 (real time).

Thanks for your attention!

My NAS:

Plugin list: