No Recycle Bin in windows explorer via SMB/CIFS

• Hello!

We just set up a new OMV for our agency. Everything is working quite nice so far. We use it via SMB/CIFS which is then implemented in the client computers as windows network drive via the windows explorer. We also use Apple Filing. File system is ext4. OMV-Version: 1.17.

Let's get to my problem: I enabled the recycle bin option for both shares that I created. But neither one of them shows the recycle bin.
    I also tried to set the values for the maximum file size and the number of days to keep the files - but nothing changes or is a solution to the problem. I also checked if the recycle bin is hidden in the windows explorer... nothing. I even restarted the NAS after changes (also my pc). I also tried to create a new user and rechecked everything I described two sentences before with it. No solution. No recycle bin in my widnows explorer. Hmpf. :(

Any further advice what I should/could try next?

Greetings, Johannes
    nachVORNE Agency

• Hey Subzero, thanks for helping me out!

But as I said:

Zitat

I also checked if the recycle bin is hidden in the windows explorer... nothing.

Even after some "sample-deletions" - there appears no .recycle folder.

Greetings, Johannes
    nachVORNE Agency

• Sorry, my fault. Called it a "bin" but thought of the .recycle-folder...

Access over SSH and I can see the .recycle-folder in both shares we use. But even if I try to delete something, the windows explorer gives me as delete-prompt not the normal "do you want to move this file to the trash bin"-message but rahter the "do you want to irrevocable delete this file"-message. Although, the items I delete appear afterwards in the recycle-folder (which I still have to access over SSH)... Saw that the .recycle folder lacked a write-permission for the users-group so I tried to give it 770 over chmod. didn't change anything.

So still 2 shares with activated .recycle but I can't access or see them in the windows explorer.

What do you mean with

Zitat

Didn't try with the size and days options.

EDIT: Don't know what I did or changed - but know I can see the .recycle-folder...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!