PCI nic not working correct

• So I bought a gigabit PCI NIC to boost my poor 100mbit internal NIC of the motherboard. It is a TPlink gigabit NIC. OMV detects the device and I can assign the network parameters for the device.
    What is strange is that I can ping the gigabit NIC(192.x.x.41) from my laptop when the only cable going to my OMV box is connected to the 100mbit NIC(192.x.x.40). Surely this can't happen? Why is this? When I only connect the cable to my gigabit NIC only, I cannnot connect to OMV at all! :cursing: All the network configurations are static IP addresses and there are no other device on those addresses. I cannot seem to figure this one out.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like a settings issue. Did you try disabling the onboard NIC? If you can't access the web interface after disabling the onboard NIC, login locally and execute omv-firstaid.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• When I disabled my internal NIC and set the parameters for the PIC NIC via omv-firstaid I could communicate again with OMV. I now only have one NIC working on the system.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you want both working? Are you going to bond them? If they are on the same subnet, you shouldn't set a gateway for one of them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!