Plugin Docker

• Offizieller Beitrag

Instead of autocomplete, why not use a folder browser like the symlink part of the downloader plugin?

Yep, I can fork it to the omv dev github but we need to figure out what to do about the two plugins (same name).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just need to change the name of the repo now and then I can fork it. I would add lxc-docker to the depends line in control file too.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I forked it. Adding to dev plugin as well.

• I'll have you added to the developers section of the forum.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• 4FDQUlg.png
    K2F5QdX.png

Nice work there

Hi All,

I'm new on this forum, even if I use OMV since few months now.
    I really love this program and all these features.
    There is a post from "SubZero79", last thursday @07:06am with 2 pictures of the amazing work done about the integration of Docker in OMV.
    I've never seen a so brilliant interface and so "OMV like", I mean by that fully integrated in OMV.
    The fact we could be able to run few containers inside OMV and be able to setup few parameters for them, like ports exposed, volumes shared with the containers etc etc, will make people queuing in front of the OMV server for having their copy of it.
    It's fantastic! Well done!
    Do you know, where this superb Add-on can be downloaded and how to install it?
    or is it still under devel? is it possible to participate to the tests ?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Regards
    Erix

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just remember the plugin is still in development but you can get it from here

• Wow, that was some really nice feedback, thanks! Unfortunately the plugin is not yet ready for testing due to some sanity features not being implemented yet. I want to make sure that I'm not responsible for messing up peoples Docker installations :) However it's more or less feature complete from a user perspective, just some few bits left to do. With the help of the community I think it could be sorted out in a few weeks (my available time for coding on the plugin will be extremely limited in the coming days).
    When it's ready for testing I'll post it in the Plugins section of the forums and I could send you a PM if you want.

I hope you will be satisfied by the result and don't mind waiting for things to be properly done.

• Hi,
    I'm sure the result will be fantastic! all Docker's fans will enjoy with this amazing add-on.
    the first pictures showed by "SubZero79" were really good and very promising.
    I will wait and keep waiting reading the forum for more news.
    The fact OMV would have a strong interface with Docker technology is a real Bonus and will drag more and more users to OMV.
    Docker is very useful when you want to install/test functionality without making mess on your server/workstation or NAS.
    There is nothing worst than trying to implement a new component and ending with a system completely out of order.
    It doesn't come against the traditional OMV plugins technology or strategy , it's just a different approach, may be a bit more "modular" and "plugable".
    OMV is at the beginning a fantastic NAS/SAN product and it will stay GOOD and clean.
    The Docker approach will leave OMV core dev team focused on the "main goal" of what is OMV and the Storage Mechanism and gives the possibility for users to add containers offering more functionalities to their NAS/SAN but without making OMV a "sheep with five legs".
    I'm really pleased of the birth of this new functionality.
    Thanks and thanks and thanks again for the fantastic work you've done and you are doing.
    All the best
    Regards
    Erix

• I can't install openmedivault-docker 0.3

openmedivault-docker : Depends lxc-docker but it is not installable

root@prbond:/# apt-get install lxc-docker
    Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
    Construction de l'arbre des dépendances
    Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
    Aucune version du paquet lxc-docker n'est disponible, mais il existe dans la base
    de données. Cela signifie en général que le paquet est manquant, qu'il est devenu obsolète
    ou qu'il n'est disponible que sur une autre source

E: Le paquet « lxc-docker » n'a pas de version susceptible d'être installée
    root@prbond:/#

• Offizieller Beitrag

I made a change in 0.4 to use docker-engine since we changed to a Debian specific docker repo. I just forgot to put the package in the repo. it is there now.

• Same problem...

root@prbond:/# apt-get install docker-engine
    Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
    Construction de l'arbre des dépendances Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
    Aucune version du paquet docker-engine n'est disponible, mais il existe dans la base
    de données. Cela signifie en général que le paquet est manquant, qu'il est devenu obsolète
    ou qu'il n'est disponible que sur une autre source

E: Le paquet « docker-engine » n'a pas de version susceptible d'être installée
    root@prbond:/#

• Hum, I need to install kernel backports (kernel 3.16)

Docker-engine required kernel 3.8+

https://docs.docker.com/installation/debian/

• I can't install backports kernel :
    Updating...
    Install backports 3.16 kernel and headers
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    linux-base is already the newest version.
    initramfs-tools is already the newest version.
    initramfs-tools set to manually installed.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 73 not upgraded.
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    E: Unable to locate package linux-image-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-486
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-image-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-486'
    E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-486
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-486'

• Offizieller Beitrag

The backports 32 bit kernel changed names from 486 to 586. I will need to fix omv-extras. Give me a while.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!