Plexmediaserver update 0.9.12.1 failed

• Hi everybody,
    i tried to update PMS from 9.11 to 9.12 using the manual update procedure i ever successfully used.
    Something wrong has corrupted my plex installation so i tried to uninstall plex and the plugin in omv.
    Now when i try to reinstall the omv-plex plugin and re-enable it i obtain this error:

Where i go wrong??

Thanks in advance for help
    ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

You manually updated is where you went wrong. The update has only been out a few days. Just need a bit of patience until it is added to the repos and shows up in the omv update list.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok, but now i cannot enable the plugin also with the old version of plex.
    I obtain the error in the first post when i check "enable" in the plugin page, then "apply changes".

• Solved.
    Avahi-utils was not installed ?(
    apt-get -f install to reinstall avahi
    then tried to install plexmediaserver 0.9.12.1.1079-b655370-debian
    everything is ok, also the OMV plex plugin is working correctly.

Thanks
    ;)

• Seems that one undocumented changes to PMS 0.9.12.x ubuntu deb is that it's now set up to run as an upstart service.

The direct plex ubuntu debs won't install right on OMV. Christian Svedin released his patched Debian version in the Plex.tv plexpass forums yesterday. The settings tab in the plexserver plug-for the plexpass version manual install in will get you there. https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/48865-debian-package/

His repo for the PMS public releases linked the the Plex.tv Linux forums "Debian Package" will also work, via the OMV-extras.org plugin if you add it in the Custom Repos tab. https://forums.plex.tv/index.p…-media-server-for-debian/

Just started converting a FreeNAS Plex Media Server over to OMV because of the new features changes add to PMS 0.9.12.x.It appears that FreeBSD will never get the Gracenote libraries that make the new music file auto-tagging work.

Found out the hard way, also about the changes in the unbuntu debs.

• Offizieller Beitrag

0.9.12.0.1071 is tested and in the repo now. I know it still says there is an update ((0.9.12.0.1079) but that version in the ninthgate repo is for plexpass.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

According to the packages file in the ninthgate repo, 0.9.12.0.1071 is the latest for non-plexpass and wheezy. Feel free to use whatever you want but we just mirror the ninthgate repo.

• The direct plex ubuntu debs won't install right on OMV.

We are well aware of this.

On OMV 1.x it is OK to install the Plex Pass version followin the instructions on the Info TAB. I upgraded a vm and it was flawless. Peopel that have problems are manually install Ubuntu packages.

There has been a change in the most recent packages Aaron. The group is no longer "nogroup". It is now using the "plex" group. Christian added a script in his package that created this group and made it primary for the Plex user. There should perhaps be some changes to the plugin to reflect this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

We can change it to the plex group. Although, the service runs as the plex user and plex still owns everything. So, the current plugin shouldn't cause any issues. Did he say why he added the group? It would allow you to add a user to the plex group and they could change things in the database directory. I see this as bad.

• They are moving toward one package working with both Ubuntu and Debian. Apparently this is the case with Jessie. I am not sure of all the details but I think it has to do with some of the new features they are adding as well.

I have a bad cold and have been working on other things. When I get a chance I look into it further.

• The plex group ownership has been eating at the PMS FreeBSD codebase for a while. Plex won't see the plug-in .bundles unless they belong to a plex group.
    Also, media files on drive outside a jail may not be picked up by the scanner if they don't show plex group rights.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any benefit for linux then? I have no problem changing it. I was just curious why the change was made.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!