Can't login as admin anymore

• I logged into the webinterface today, did some backups to a USB harddrive and for the last one, the session timed out and I had to relogin to unmount the USB harddrive.

However, suddenly I can't log in anymore, with the credentials that I used before. I am 100% sure that the login is correct and that the password as well (I used the function to display the password while typing, to make sure that the input is correct).

How can it be that the password suddenly doesn't work anymore? I didn't make any changes to OMV.

I login with this information to do backups, updates, etc. I never had problems.

What can I do?

• And here we go.

I think I am going crazy. I tried to login once again. with THE SAME info as before and now I got in.

You guys are amazing in solving problems remotely... ;)

I don't know what happened. Crazy.

In the meantime I had logged in (succesfully) with a normal user account. Maybe that helped somehow?

• Maybe you misstyped the password three times and got yourself locked out for 3 minutes. firstaid doesn't reset that.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thank you for the responses.

Well, I can't 100% exclude the option that I had a typo, but I highly doubt it.

I never had a typo in the password before and I type it quite automatically. Even if I would have had one typo, it is highly improbable that I type it wrong 3 times. And then there should be the respective error message. But what I got was that the login / password is wrong. Even when I confirmed that it 100% the correct password. Very strange.

• Hallo,

nach dem ich rnd 8 Wochen nicht mehr am NAS war, erging es mir ähnlich.
    Der Tipp von WastJ war goldrichtig.... danke

Gruß Kai

OMV Erasmus 3.0.99| HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM | 20GB Intel SSD | 5 x 1TB in RAID5 | 8 TB ext. Backup Drive USB

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!