Very slow speeds (just around 12MBIT / 11 MByte)

• So I try to copy all data from a ext3 softraid0 to my pc via cable. Both sides are 1GBit.
    At first I had speeds around 40MB which is very slow in my opinion. But after some "tuning" from several forums I only get 11 MByte / 12 MBit now.
    Iperf gives me at this point 54 MB read and 45 MB bandwidth.

So I returned everything to it's standard values. Even the SMB1 protocol of Win8.1 was reinstalled and still this measly bandwidth.

I tried a direct connection and even here is everything at 11 MByte.

Firewall is off.
    Restarted a lot.

Any hints for me to get it up to at least the old values.

• Intel D945GCLF2 with 2GB Ram. It's with an Atom 330 and as I said the Speed is now down to 11MByte (not MBIT) where it was before that at around 40+MByte (not MBIT).

This is WITH active copy via FTP to my windows PC.

• I uninstalled the SMB1 support in Windows 8.1 and put the line max protocol = SMB2 in the extras under SMB. After it got worse I reinstalled the SMB1 support in Win8.1 and deleted the line again. All with restarts, of course.

I even tried to copy all the data to a NTFS volume before that via MC but that got me transfer rates lower than 11MByte.

Status ATM
    SAMBA does not work anymore. FTP do work at 11 MB.

• I'll revive this thread as it is "the same" problem.

When I copy data via SAMBA
    from OMV TO PC I get speeds at around 70 MB
    When I copy data via SAMBA
    from PC to OMV I get so speeds at around 20 MB

I then activated the FTP server in OMV and here all speeds are identical at around 70 MB.
    Is there something wrong with the SMB protocol?

I installed the Backportskernel 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64, too and let OMV start this kernel with no luck at the speed "department".

Do I have to compile an Intel NIC driver or is that not necessary? The Board I'am using is the DG945GCLF.

• Maybe someone can help me again.

When I connect a NTFS drive to OMV I get write speeds around 20MB but read speeds near 70MB.
    Is there a way to boost the write, too?

The CPU is an Atom 330 with 1,6 GHZ.

• In my experience write speed to NTFS drives running on Linux is not good.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes writing to a windows filesystem on Linux on a slow CPU is slower than writing to that filesystem in Windows. Is that surprising?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I meant the writing speed. That it is slower on linux systems.

I can almost saturate 1GB networking when writing files to ext4 file systems my OMV box.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hello everybody,
    I am a nubbie. I managed to instal and set up OMV using some indication from this forum and other sites. I am complitly satisfied with what I am getting except for speed of data trasfert. I have the same problem described before: speed is limited to 11 MByte. What is 9500 3Ware controller? Is it part of your domestic LAN?
    I am using a RB Pi 3, connected directly to the router.
    Thank you!

Probelm solved.

It was the 9500 3Ware controller. 128 MB cache isn't enough.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!