how to remove a drive from mhddfs?

• I created an mhddfs pool with 4 drives and was thinking I would later purchase a 5th drive for parity (snapraid). However, I've decided that I have enough space while keeping my 4th drive outside the pool.

There wasn't any obvious way to remove an unused drive from the pool usin g the WebGui. I edited fstab and removed the entry for the extra drive from the mhddfs section. After rebooting, mhddfs tab on the Webgui still reports that this drive is part of the pool.

The only other thing I can think to try is to shut down OMV, remove the drive, reboot OMV and then go to mhddfs tab and remove missing drives.

Is there any other way to remove an unused drive from the pool? Is maybe the drive already removed and I just don't know it?

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you don't have the pool shared a lot of times, I would delete the pool (it won't delete files) and recreate it. If you do, then your idea of taking the drive out should work.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!