Install/upgrade

• I have an HP Microserver (N36L) on which I have been successfully running OMV on a 4Gb USB memory stick internally for the last 6 months. This is alongside a Qnap server. The Qnap has now gone End Of Life and i am looking to replace 100% with the Microserver.

So - For a while now i have been thinking about installing the OS on a proper HD rather than the Memory stick, since i believe that OMV isn't designed for a minimal number of read/writes such as Flexraid is. Anyhow, i'd also like to upgrade this installation to 0.3x at the same time (currently running 0.2.7.4 lx).

So i was just hoping that someone may be able to confirm one or two things please..??

Is it possible for me to create a new install of OMV on a new "boot" drive, leave all the contents of the RAID drives (currently set to Raid 5) untouched, and then add these drives as an array in the manager, or do i need to copy all off and start afresh with these also :(

Therefore Can i carry out an upgrade at the same time if the above is doable??

I'm using the following plugins:

CUPS
    MiniDLNA
    Forked DAAPD (Not essential)
    NUT

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thx
    Paul

• Hello,

I updated from 2.7.4 to 3 tonight but now I get the following error when I try to access the webgui...I can access files and folders from my media players.
    Any ideas? Anything I can do from the CLI to fix this? I don't want to reinstall!

Error #0:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Failed to open file js/omv/form/MultiSelect.js.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc:38
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(45): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/form/Mul...', Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(45): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/module/t...', Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(45): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/module/t...', Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(45): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/module/t...', Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(66): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/module/a...', Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(168): OMVHtmlPage->scanDir('js/omv/module/a...', Array, true)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(113): OMVWebGui->getJavascriptIncludes()
    #7 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(38): OMVHtmlPage->render()
    #8 {main}

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!