No network interfaces in Proxmox

• Hello,

I recently purchased a Gen 8 and I've been struggling to set it up as I'm a n00b when it comes to semi-pro servers; but the point of the purchase was to learn about it !

I'm trying to run OMV in Proxmox. The installation process goes fine but when I launch OMV for the first time, I'm getting the "No network interfaces" message; I don't get an IP to access OMV Web Gui.
    What I want to do is to set a static IP for the OMV VM; from my first researches it seems that I need to do so in OMV directly...I tried to mess around with the /etc/network/interfaces with no real luck.

There's something I must be missing here.

Do you have any suggestion or tutorial to share with me ?

Thank you and thanks to the devs of OMV, this is an amazing project !

• I don't think it has to do with the settings in OMV. It is likely the adapter settings in proxmox for the OMV VM. In virtualbox you have to use a bridged adapter with the same NIC name as virtualbox (e.g. eth0 for vbox and eth0 for the VM). Maybe this helps. If not Aaron should see your post in a while.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since OMV defaults to dhcp, it usually doesn't show the ip address. Just type ifconfig to see it. If there is no IP, you probably need to add a network device to the VM. I use the virtio network adapter in bridge mode for my OMV VM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just to let you know, the virtio network adapter and disks are noticeable faster then e1000 or other options.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!