Mounting disks issue in Proxmox

• Hello again,

I'm planning to run OMV in Proxmox on my Microserver Gen8. Here's my setup : sda, sdb and sdc are storage-intended HDD while sdd is the promox SSD, with an OMV VM created in it. My plan is to mount the storage disks in OMV and deal with the file systems/sharing options in OMV. Other VM's will access these drives from OMV shares...

After many hours, I successfully managed to mount the sda, sdb and sdc disks to the OMV VM through the "qm set <vmid> --ideX /dev/sdX" command in proxmox's shell. OMV sees them in the Physical Disks menu (as sdb,sdc,sdd...sda being the VM itself):

However, whenever I tried to start using them, whether its in the File Systems menu or the NFS/SMB shares, they don't show in the "Device" dropdown menu. It stays black and I'm stuck.

Any idea on why I can see them but not manage them ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have to create a filesystem on them in the filesystems tab. Then create shared folders on those filesystems. Then you use the shared folders in services like samba.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you take a screenshot of the Proxmox VM setup?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!