Can I Install OMV on Debian 8.0 Jessie?

• Hello, everyone.

I know OMV is for Debian 7.0 Wheezy, but is there any (simple) way to install OMV on Debian 8.0 Jessie?

I am trying to install OMV on my old laptop.
    Strangely, I cannot configure ethernet connection in Debian 7.0 neither by DHCP, nor by static IP.

I have used various versions of Ubuntu and Linux Mint on this laptop, and never encountered this problem before.
    I tried Debian 8.0 Jessie, and it works great (ethernet connection is established via DHCP) except that I cannot install OMV, following the way described in this thread.

I tried both the ISO image of OMV 1.9, and of Debian 7. (the problem occurs in 7.6, 7.7, and 7.8. )
    During the installation, it detects my ethernet interface, but keep failing DHCP. If I set a static IP, the network does not work.

I appreciate any comments and help.

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

At this precise moment you can't install omv in Jessie. As your network problem it might be related to kernel, have you try using the backport kernel ?

If you pm me I can supply you an ISO with the backport kernel already installed if you want to test it .

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!