Slow transfers from MAC

• Hi @subzero79

I finally managed to get FTP (and SFTP with key auth) working.

Possibly FTP was not working because when I added the shares there were no privileges set.
    This time, after restoring from a clean image, I had firstly added the privileges on the shared, then added the shares to FTP and enabled the plugin.

I have just re-attempted the operation (saving a 12 GB iPhoto library).
    The first 10 GB - 6000 files were moved at an average of 35 MB/s (a quarter than the max speed) and the last 2 GB - 20000 files are now being transferred at 200 KB/s.

With a another folder which contains a different set of less bigger files (MP3s and FLACC), the average speed was about 45 MB/s.

I have performed the same tests via SFTP.
    In this case the transfer were ~ 5 MB/s faster than FTPS, peaking to 50 MB/s.

Repeated the same (MP3 and FLACC) test from Windows, via both SFTP and FTPS.
    This again maxed out the Gigabit connection averaging to 120 MB/s and peaking to 125 MB/s.

I think this pretty much rule out protocol based issued as well as OMV itself and leave me with the sad finding that the issue must be with the Mac.

I think I will workaround the issue as follows:
    - Copy the files to back-up to a USB3/Thunderbolt SSD formatted in FAT32
    - Connect the SSD to the Windows client
    - Sync all the data to OMV from Windows

Alternatively I think I could sync the drive directly via the USB backup plugin.
    The only downside is that if I use that plugin (or if i mount any other drive) the changes I performed on the FSTAB (adding noatime,nodiratime,discard) get lost.
    Do you think I can modify /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and add these parameters in there or is there any chance that a next release or an update would overwrite the change anyway?

Thank you,
    Tommy

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

• Get another mac client for testing, would make life more easy to rule out the client (or not)

Tom

----

HP N54L, 6GB, 5disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV 5
    HP N54L, 16GB, 4disc ZFS pool, SSD Boot with other NAS system

• Tried with 2 different Mac's.

Unfortunately both had the same issue with Samba, AFP, SFTP and FTPS.
    Both were running Maveriks installed with an in-place upgrade.

I have now re-imaged one of these and have a clean Maveriks installation.
    I will try tomorrow, probably, to perform the same test.

Tommy

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!