Install OMV on a partition, newbie needs help!

• Hi,

I'm thinking about build a home server based on OMV and I have some questions as I didn't found my answers searching in the forum.

My setup will be based on HP DC7800 Slim factor PC, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83 Ghz, 4GB RAM and 2x 2TB Hard Drives.

I would like to partition one of my 2TB hard drives and install OMV on it and use the rest of the remaining space for storage of music and movies.

Could someone please share the experience of installing OMV on a partition? there are some threads regarding this but the comments are not specifying clearly if it works fine and in the OMV wiki is no reference to this installation method, therefore I was wondering if this is a good idea.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Rhodesfreak

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV on a drive shared with data works fine. If that drive fails, you lose your OS and data though. There are two ways to install OMV on a shared drive:

1 - Install Debian first and then OMV
    2 - Install OMV and then repartition with gparted-live or other bootable linux distro.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Drive fail = dead hard drive. That is definitely hardware.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!