Where to find the flash memory plugin ?

• Hi folks, this is my 1st post here,

I gave my 1st try to OMV using a Raspberry Pi 2B, and discovered that OMV came with a "flash memory" preinstalled plugin, supposedly able to save the SD card from premature wear.

Then I decided to install a "production" flash memory on an Asus EeePC which screen is dead, but still makes an excellent "little NAS" choice when stuffed with 2GB RAM and a 2 TB HD.

I decided to install the OMV system on an SD card, formatted with F2FS, and all encrypted, getting inspiration from this tutorial. And keep the HD for pure (encrypted) data storage.

All this works perfectly well, but I further considered installing the "flash memory" plugin to be kinder to my SD-card... But couldn't find it anywhere, and could find very little information about it here, or using Google.

So please advise, where can I get the flash memory plugin from (except from github, which I do'nt know how to use ;( ), and is it stable enough to be worth installing ?

TIA.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need omv-extras installed and the testing repo enabled if you are using OMV 1.x kralizec. Yes, it is stable. I wouldn't include it with the RPi, cubox-i, and odroid images if it wasn't :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does Debian Wheezy work with f2fs?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have installed the latest wheezy backport kernel (that's a 3.16) and there it works ! I wanted the latest possible kernel so I could get a more mature BTRFS support as well.

Basically, what I did was install on SD a "fully encrypted LVM" OMV using ext4 (evrything LUKS-encrypted except /boot), and then I took the SD card to another machine, tar /, reformat / using f2fs, restore the tar, it's done - and now using f2fs which is supposed to be much more friendly to my SD card.

Same could be done easier without encryption, but I believe you would have to use a separate ext2/3/4 /boot, for I don't believe grub could boot from f2fs...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!