Problem Installing MySQL Plugin

• OMV 1.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problem Installing MySQL Plugin

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have seen there are quite a few threads on these forums with similar problems and I've tried some of the solutions and suggestions posted there but to no avail.

I've only recently installed OMV 1.19, and I'm trying to install the openmediavault-mysql 1.0.16 plugin from the OMV-extras repository. The installation seemed to go fine but when I tried to apply the settings I received a rather vague "An error has occurred" message and I was unable to log into the MySQL management tab.

I then tried to follow this guide, but I found that it would not accept the password from the /etc/mysql/debian.cnf file. I got the message "access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: yes)"
      I also tried the password I had tried to set up in the webGUI and several others with the same result.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin from the webGUI. I also tried finding out/changing/bypassing the password from various sources I found on Google,
      all with no success. I was concerned that I was making things worse so I tried completely removing the MySQL using instructions in another thread.
      Now when I try to reinstall the plugin I get the following error:

Source Code

1. ================= Error =================
      2. Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-mysql 2>&1': Reading package lists...
      3. Building dependency tree...
      4. Reading state information...
      5. You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
      6. The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      7. mysql-server-5.5 : Depends: mysql-client-5.5 (>= 5.5.43-0+deb7u1) but it is not going to be installed
      8. openmediavault-mysql : Depends: mysql-server but it is not going to be installed
      9. E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).=========================================
      Display All

As is probably obvious, I quite the novice with OMV, and Linux in general, so can anyone put me out of my misery?

Thanks.
    • The mysql plugin gui didn't work for me either. I had to manually go in and change settings and add users via command line.
      [IMG:http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh516/da-pharoah/Modpic.gif]

Asus Eee PC 1005PE
      Processor:
      Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz
      Memory:
      1GB RAM
      Kernel:
      Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64
      Version: 2.0.7 (Stone burner)

[IMG:http://trakt.tv/user/hakarune/widgets/watched/all-banner.jpg]
    • hakarune wrote:

The mysql plugin gui didn't work for me either. I had to manually go in and change settings and add users via command line.

Your problem and his problem are different. MySQL isn't even installing on his system.

Surfdude, did you try apt-get -f install?
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.8
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

hakarune wrote:

The mysql plugin gui didn't work for me either. I had to manually go in and change settings and add users via command line.

Your problem and his problem are different. MySQL isn't even installing on his system.

Surfdude, did you try apt-get -f install?

His first problem was the same problem. It's why he tried to uninstall and messed up stuff. There is issue with the plugin that should be noted
      [IMG:http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh516/da-pharoah/Modpic.gif]

Asus Eee PC 1005PE
      Processor:
      Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz
      Memory:
      1GB RAM
      Kernel:
      Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64
      Version: 2.0.7 (Stone burner)

[IMG:http://trakt.tv/user/hakarune/widgets/watched/all-banner.jpg]
    • The problem with the plugin is moving the database and permissions that it can't control on the destination. The next version of the plugin is removing the data location. It is very easy to set a location in extra options box and manually move the database if you need it to be in a different location. This should fix most issues people have.
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

• The current version of the plugin doesn't need data location setting. If you were using that location, I would:

1. Disable plugin
      2. Set datadir = /media/a9b17b41-1515-4419-b41a-b1561d39422b/mysql/ in extra options box.
      3. Copy files from /var/lib/mysql/ to directory above.
      4. Enable plugin

• Sorry, I haven't had much time to focus on this for the last couple of days, plus I encountered a (presumably unconnected) problem where I could no longer log into the webGUI.

I think I was getting confused between the data location and the data volume that has to be set in the plugin's settings. I have mine set up on a partition on the system drive (which I shrank using GParted) and wondered if that might be causing the problem. I haven't touched anything in the extra options or moved anything manually.
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

The problem with the plugin is moving the database and permissions that it can't control on the destination. The next version of the plugin is removing the data location. It is very easy to set a location in extra options box and manually move the database if you need it to be in a different location. This should fix most issues people have.

yes me too facing many errors with data directory setting; but which is the current version of mysql-plugin? 1.0.16 as it was installed on my RPi yesterday or 1.2 as per changelog with remove data directory?
      https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-mysql/blob/master/debian/changelog

thanks
    • 1.3 will the next release. 1.0.16 is newest right now. I will look into it.