Problem Installing MySQL Plugin

• Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have seen there are quite a few threads on these forums with similar problems and I've tried some of the solutions and suggestions posted there but to no avail.

I've only recently installed OMV 1.19, and I'm trying to install the openmediavault-mysql 1.0.16 plugin from the OMV-extras repository. The installation seemed to go fine but when I tried to apply the settings I received a rather vague "An error has occurred" message and I was unable to log into the MySQL management tab.

I then tried to follow this guide, but I found that it would not accept the password from the /etc/mysql/debian.cnf file. I got the message "access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: yes)"
    I also tried the password I had tried to set up in the webGUI and several others with the same result.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin from the webGUI. I also tried finding out/changing/bypassing the password from various sources I found on Google,
    all with no success. I was concerned that I was making things worse so I tried completely removing the MySQL using instructions in another thread.
    Now when I try to reinstall the plugin I get the following error:

As is probably obvious, I quite the novice with OMV, and Linux in general, so can anyone put me out of my misery?

Thanks.

• The mysql plugin gui didn't work for me either. I had to manually go in and change settings and add users via command line.

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.2ghz
    Memory:
    26GB RAM
    Kernel: Linux 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64
    Version: 5.6.2-1 (Usul) Debian Buster [From Fresh Install of 5]

• Offizieller Beitrag

The mysql plugin gui didn't work for me either. I had to manually go in and change settings and add users via command line.

Your problem and his problem are different. MySQL isn't even installing on his system.

Surfdude, did you try apt-get -f install?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Your problem and his problem are different. MySQL isn't even installing on his system.

Surfdude, did you try apt-get -f install?

His first problem was the same problem. It's why he tried to uninstall and messed up stuff. There is issue with the plugin that should be noted

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.2ghz
    Memory:
    26GB RAM
    Kernel: Linux 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64
    Version: 5.6.2-1 (Usul) Debian Buster [From Fresh Install of 5]

• Surfdude, did you try apt-get -f install?

I did and it didn't help. Unfortunately, I'm away for the weekend so I can't quote the exact response I received.

I'm considering reformatting the drive and re-installing OMV from scratch. Then I can try the MySQL plugin again with a clean slate.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem with the plugin is moving the database and permissions that it can't control on the destination. The next version of the plugin is removing the data location. It is very easy to set a location in extra options box and manually move the database if you need it to be in a different location. This should fix most issues people have.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

The current version of the plugin doesn't need data location setting. If you were using that location, I would:

1. Disable plugin
    2. Set datadir = /media/a9b17b41-1515-4419-b41a-b1561d39422b/mysql/ in extra options box.
    3. Copy files from /var/lib/mysql/ to directory above.
    4. Enable plugin

• Sorry, I haven't had much time to focus on this for the last couple of days, plus I encountered a (presumably unconnected) problem where I could no longer log into the webGUI.

I think I was getting confused between the data location and the data volume that has to be set in the plugin's settings. I have mine set up on a partition on the system drive (which I shrank using GParted) and wondered if that might be causing the problem. I haven't touched anything in the extra options or moved anything manually.

• The problem with the plugin is moving the database and permissions that it can't control on the destination. The next version of the plugin is removing the data location. It is very easy to set a location in extra options box and manually move the database if you need it to be in a different location. This should fix most issues people have.

yes me too facing many errors with data directory setting; but which is the current version of mysql-plugin? 1.0.16 as it was installed on my RPi yesterday or 1.2 as per changelog with remove data directory?
    https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…b/master/debian/changelog

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.3 will the next release. 1.0.16 is newest right now. I will look into it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!