LSI 9211-8i not recognized

• I've seen others mention that they use this same LSI card with OMV without issue, but unfortunately my system does not seem to recognize the card. I first installed it in a Windows machine and was able to Ctrl-C into the card's BIOS, where I confirmed the P19 firmware in IT mode. I then moved the card to my OMV machine, but unfortunately I am not prompted to enter the card's BIOS and OMV can not see the physical disks that I have attached to it. Should this be as simple as installing the Linux drivers for the card (even though others have mentioned support for the card is built in to the Linux kernel already)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you don't see that prompt, it is an issue with the motherboard. Is the slot you plugged it into electrically a 1x pci-e slot?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No, I've tried two separate PCIe slots, one is an 8x and the other a 4x. The "main" one, a 16x slot, is empty because the back of the case is slightly bent and it's hard to get any expansion card seated correctly.

The card was receiving power in both slots as the green light did illuminate.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It definitely isn't a driver issue if you don't see the card's bios prompt. Sounds like the card might not work with that motherboard. What board is it?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• It's a Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD3h. I've found a few others using GA-Z77x boards that had similar issues. Next steps will be to ensure that the BIOS is fully updated and try to squeeze the card into the first PCIe slot; those seem to be the only suggestions I've found so far.

• Sorry for the double-post; seems that this is an issue with some Gigabyte motherboards, but I finally pried open the case enough to fit the card in the x16 PCI-e slot, and updating to a newer BIOS has solved the problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have mine in an x16 slot too. Glad it is working :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!