No interface(s) available after apparently successful install

• I would like to test omv and started with openmediavault_1.9_amd64.iso

The installation seemed to go well, but I think the network is not right. After booting there is a message "No interface(s) available". I believe it should be presenting an IP address which I could browse to for the web based gui. I rebooted and it stayed the same.

During my first installation when it asked for domain name the default value it suggested was "T-mobile.com". My router is from t-mobile but I don't regard it as a proper domain so I use AT at the domain name, which is the workgroup name I use for some of my pcs. When I saw the "no interfaces available" message I figured I had made a mistake with that so I reinstalled (not knowing the commands to change the domain name). This time the default value presented was "local", which I'd seen in some omv walkthroughs as an acceptable value, so I kept it. But it's still the same thing - no interface available. I'm about to try reinstalling and using "T-mobile.com" and hope it works, but kind of expect it to fail at this point...so thought I' ask here.

And sure enough reinstalling with "T-mobile.com" for the domain still results in "no interfaces available".

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you are using dhcp, sometimes the system doesn't get an address before that message is created. Just login as root and type ifconfig

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I had the same problem on my server, Googled it and found your solution and IT WORKED, first try! Thank you!

Now I have a related new problem! Once I'm logged into the system with a browser on another system, I go do the updates and install a few things, then I'm ready to change the server's address to the static address I would prefer using. Once I do, the system will not shut down gracefully. During the shutdown (or reboot), it hangs when it's deactivating the network adaptor. Just hangs. So I power it off and turn it back on, and it hangs activating the network adaptor when it's loading the OS. Then I can't log into it remotely at all. Logging on locally )if it comes up at all) and checking the IP address gives me the new address I assigned it.

I've reinstalled and gone through this process twice today.

Before you point to a hardware problem, keep in mind that this server ran an older version of OpenMediaVault just fine for many months. I'm reinstalling on a newer hard drive because the old one (like 15 years old!) outright failed a couple of days ago.

I'm going to go ahead and reinstall again for now, do the updates, install other stuff (including PLEX), and just get it running again with its DHCP address. If someone has an answer for me, I'd appreciate it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!