Lots of errors installing plugins from OMV-extras.org

• Hi y'all:
    first of all, I have to say that I'm a complete newbie (aka n00b) on Linux, so maybe I tell something that is obvious for you but it isn't for me :'')

I had an OMV box running for half an year and after a power failure, the filesystem was corrupt and I didn't had any chace to revive it and I had to reinstall the OS. After that, I was "manually" restoring the system because I hadn't done any backup/cloning of the OS drive. I was installing the plugins I needed and on almost every plugin installation, an error appears and I must close the installation window. When it happened, I tried to uninstall using the webGUI to reinstall later but when uninstalling, other errors appeared also. I reinstalled OMV again an hour ago and I was trying to install the plugins from OMV-extras.org again and these errors showed off again. What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to "refresh" the system and start again without needing to reinstall at every time? Maybe downgrading to Sardaukar would stabilize my box?

Any help would be appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Error while installing Owncloud:

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Owncloud isn't an omv-extras plugin. There are plenty of threads about owncloud on here. I'm sure one of them has had a similar problem before.

Once you have a working system, you should clone it with Clonezilla.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I don't know why but now I have all the plugins I want and no errors were found. I'm now running Clonezilla to clone the HDD before the system starts to fail again (if it fails or I get other errors).

Thanks for your attention ryecoaaron.

My NAS:

Plugin list:

Zitat

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!