Virtualbox upgrade problem

• Hi gang, I've been trying lately to upgrade Virtualbox and I keep getting this error.

Preparing to replace virtualbox-4.3 4.3.22-98236~Debian~wheezy (using .../virtualbox-4.3_4.3.28-100309~Debian~wheezy_amd64.deb) ...
    dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/virtualbox-4.3_4.3.28-100309~Debian~wheezy_amd64.deb (--unpack):
    subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/virtualbox-4.3_4.3.28-100309~Debian~wheezy_amd64.deb
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ...
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)=========================================

Would anyone have an idea how to fix this? Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance.

• Did you have any VMs running by any chance when you did the upgrade? If so, try turning them off and run the upgrade again. if you still get the error try running apt-get upgrade from the console or by SSH and post the output. If it is the same, then @ryecoaaron may need to look into it.

• Hi gang, thanks for your reply. I figured out how to fix it by disabling the Virtualbox plugin, retrying to update which failed. Then re-activating the plugin and updating which worked.

I guess disabling and re-activating the Virtualbox plugin kinda killed all Virtualbox process running and I was able to update it after.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!