Openvpnas dual factor authentication

• Openmediavault Version - 1.19
    Kernel - 3.2.0-4-amd64
    Access Server Version 2.0.12

Hey guys,

I recently installed the OPENVPNAS server plugin and it worked flawlessly; that's until i enabled Google Authenticator Support. The system generated the QR Code for me to scan (it also generated the code for me to type into google auth app) however, the google auth codes generated failed to authenticate with the server.

So google auth support seems to be broken in the openvpnas plugin as it continually rejects the google auth code as being invalid.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin is not the problem. All the plugin basically does is enable/disable it and give you an iframe to access the openvpnas web interface. All settings are only modified by openvpnas itself. It may not work in the iframe but any change should work when opened in a separate window/tab.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Code
    # cd /usr/local/openvpn_as/scripts
    # ./confdba -us -p <username> # Retrive current user properties
    # ./sacli --user <username> UserPropDelAll  # Deletes user from OpenVPN database

2nd command gives you Google Authenticator info. for given user. Useful if you need to setup account again with the android app. If shows the key.
    3rd command deletes user from OpenVPN AS so you can start over if problems with Google Auth.

When you setup an account in the android app for Google Authenticator your username@wanip, or user@ddnsaddress, whichever you used with your OpenVPN setup, is your account name. This is you use the "Enter the provided key" method. With the QR you may not have to do anything.

If you want to use the QR code method you should install a QR scanner app first.

PS- Wtih changes to the OpenVPN AS server you will usually have to uninstall and resintall the client app (OpenVPN Connect) on the clients.

• Thank you

• It seems that i encouter a strange behavior, i've configured to use google authenticator, i've scanned the code for admin user - openvpn but for each connection it doesn't trigger the box to enter the code generated by the app, instead it just connects me, i would highly like to avoid this. In contrast doing this with a regular user each time it brings me to the google authentication process.

Any ideas?

LE: for the moment i've set a real huge and complicated password(random mainly) but i don't think that this is the way to go :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!