Error out of disk, entering rescue mode. Grub rescue

• Installed OMV smoothly on a 3tb WD Red drive, but it wont boot. I receive the error:

"error: out of disk
    Entering rescue mode..."

I've followed the instructions recommended here and boot-repair says that it's fixed, but the problem still occurs when I reboot. It recommends two fixes, but one of them actually fails. Unfortunately, I have no idea what they are, refer to or mean.

Zitat

=================== Recommended repair
    The default repair of the Boot-Repair utility will reinstall the grub2 of sda2 into the MBR of sda.
    Additional repair will be performed: unhide-bootmenu-10s

chroot: failed to run command ‘lspci’: No such file or directory

The full repair log is here.

I have also used a partition manager to wipe the drive and reinstalled numerous times, as well as trying the same thing on a different hard drive (albeit a completely identical model). I've tried USB stick installation as well as DVD.

I don't know anything about linux, so if I'm lucky enough to get your help please be very literal.

• Hm, 6 years give or take.

I did a lot of googling and I think it might be the motherboard too. Although, I think the reason this has only occurred when I use these WD Red disks because the partitions are too big? Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to change the way omv partitions during initial install.

• A lot of people are throwing out boards now that are capable of AHCI. Many of them would work well with OMV. Maybe you have a recycling center near or somewhere you could get a board for nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!