Unable to delete filesystem from RAID

• I did the following

• Added new disks to my server
    • Gui to create a raid-10 array <success>
    • Gui to add a filesystem to the raid <success>
    • Gui to delete the filesystem from the raid <fail>

I attempted the following to delete the filesystem (FS) so that I can use LVM to partition the array.

• Reboot (i.e. turn it off, and turn it on again) No Change - FS still present
    • Examine Access Rights Management->User to see if any user had rights in the FS (they don't)
    • Examine Access Rights Management->Group There are no groups
    • Examine Access Rights Management->Share Folders No references to /dev/md8
    • Examine /etc/openmediavault/config.xml to see if <homes>are enabled Not in the GUI or the XML.
    • Examine /etc/openmediavault/config.xml to find references to the uuid None - see code below
    Code
    # ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/|grep md8|cut -d' ' -f11
    8927d8e8-a9df-4d67-8af7-b77713de461a

The UUID for the array does not appear in either fstab or OMV/config.xml

Code
    # ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/|grep md8|cut -d' ' -f11|xargs -i'XX' grep XX /etc/openmediavault/config.xml                                              
    # ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/|grep md8|cut -d' ' -f11|xargs -i'XX' grep XX /etc/fstab
    #

I thought I should seek advice before attempting more dramatic/brutish moves like dd /dev/null over the array. Just in case I've uncovered a bug of some sort and someone is interested in resolving it.

• It took about 12 hours to build the array. I think I'd rather try to dd NULL's onto the raid before I wiped the disks. And it still seems to me that the "delete" button, when applied to a filesystem, should delete that file system. I.e. if this is a bug, then I'll report it rather than doing the "I resolved this issue by re-installing the whole OS from scratch" route .. which doesn't really help improve anything.

• On the assumption that this is a bug, and that it's not going to get fixed in the next 12 hours, I decided to dd over the fs. Here's what I did to avoid dd'ing the whole drive:

And now I can use the raid in LVM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!