Mount errors after manually updating util-linux

• Hello,

I updated util-linux to 2.26 and now omv won't mount my drives. The error during boot is:

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmount.so.1: version 'MOUNT_2.24' not found (required by mountpoint)

The error repeats many times and the version varies from 2.22 till 2.25.

It started after manually building and installing util-linux-2.26 because I needed a newer version of rtcwake.

How can I repair this mistake? The root filesystem is mount ro so I can't do much with it.

Any help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Three options:

1 - Use your backup of the OS drive
    2 - Reinstall
    3 - Boot Debian Netinstall cd image and choose Repair option. You will be chroot'd into OS and you should be able to fix anything.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Many thanx Ryecoaaron! I took the third option cause I don't have a backup and I don't want to reinstall everything. It took some time figuring out how to rebuild a version of util-linux that would work and eventually I ended up with the version originally included in OMV: 2.20.1.

So everything is fine again! Thnx!

--
    Henri.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!