rsync to remote location with gui-plugin

• Holla,

i`m using the rsync gui plugin to sync a folder to a Buffalo Linkstation.

rsync works flawless (all files sycned correctly)

but my issue:
    -on the remote location (buffalo) i cannot change/delete this files/folders anymore
    -seems that the files sycned with rsync still have premissions from my OMV server (and even the admin user from linkstation can not change them)

I have done the same job with synology and the files sycned with rsync receive 775 (RWX for all users)

How can i achieve this easly?

Regards & thx in advance
    firsttris

• Offizieller Beitrag

This depend if you can add options to the rsync module in the Buffalo Workstation.

For example a module in my OMV i can add this extra options

incoming chmod = Dug+rwx,Do+rx,Fug+rw,Fo+r,Fugo-x

That would make incoming data directories 775 and files 664, the last one Fugo-x takes aways execution bit in case a files comes from origin with execution bit.

The documentation is in man rsync the --chmod section and incoming chmod of rsync.

I haven't try in outgoing so maybe you can set up a module in OMV, and execute a rsync pull from the Buffalo WS.

Hope this works for you

• Thx for your suggestion!

I found an very easy solution using the Remote-FS Plugin ;)

Connected Buffalo station with a simple SMB share in Remote-FS Plugin and rsync my files Local -> Local.

Is this also Ok?

Regards
    Tristan

• hello,
    i always used the admin user of the buffelo station for rsync and smb.

if i use rsync to conntect to the buffelo station the file permissions of my omv-station gets transfered to the buffelo station and thats why admin can't delete any files.
    But if i in addition to rsync use remote-fs plugin to connect via smb to the buffelo station file permission does not get transfered and i can delete / edit files.

regards
    firsttris

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!