Updating on the Raspberry Pi

• So I've been using OMV on my Rpi B+ for a few moons now and I'm super happy with it. But of course, as time goes on updates come out, both in the update manager and as new versions on Sourceforge. My current installation is my first experience with OMV and I started everything clean, blank hard drives and everything, so I have some insecurities about updating now that I have an established system. I also haven't been able to find a lot of direct information about OMV on Raspberry Pi's, I assume its got some real differences from the standard distribution, so if anyone has the time and experience to address my concerns before I'm forced to experiment on my own, I would greatly appreciate their input.

My questions:
    1: Update Manager.
    A: Can I safely use the update Manager while on the Raspberry Pi, or might I accidentally override some crucial settings/software that the pi can't handle?
    B: If I can use the Update Manager, do I still need to use the install files from Sourceforge to upgrade to a newer version number (I think I'm currently on 1.14)?

2: If I need to install fresh with files from Sourceforge, what happens to the current data and permissions on my external hard drives? Will everything automatically work as it does now, will I need to redo some setup to properly access public/private folders on my network, or maybe I need to transfer my data to another source and start from scratch?

I do have a backup of the Pi's OS SD, but with my data potentially at stake I'd prefer to hear from other users rather than experiment on my own

Thank you in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The version of OMV on the RPi is no different than other amd64 or i386 boxes. I just created the RPi image to help install OMV since it can be a bit tricky. Once you have OMV installed, there is no reason to use the images on Sourceforge anymore. Just use the update manager to install updates. Just backup the SD card whenever you make big changes to your setup.

If you have to install fresh, you won't lose your data (data drive is disconnected when installing fresh). You will have to setup users, folders, and services again. If you have a good backup of the SD card, you won't have to worry.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!