[SOLVED] "openmediavault" valid as a password for the admin of Owncloud

• Hi OpenMediaVault'ers,
    I'm continuing with my setup of my "perfect" OMV box and now, I found that if I try to enter with the "admin" account to Owncloud with "openmediavault" as the password, IT WORKS!
    It also works with the OMV admin password so until I didn't try to authenticate with these credentials I couldn't find that bug.
    So, my question is: is there anything to block the access to the "admin" user who has the "openmediavault" password? If there's no solution, it's a big security breach I think...

Thanks in advance.

PS: sorry for being almost everytime asking something in the forums. Now that I'm " " " a bit " " " experienced, I'm trying to join the community answering other people who have the same problems/doubts as me when I started with OMV.

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lord Wektabyte ()

• Thanks for the reply Tekkb!

In fact, I did change the admin password when I first log in to Owncloud. If now I try to change the password via the Owncloud web (logining as admin -> personal -> change password) it tells me that the password can't be changed.
    Any other ideas?
    I don't care if I have to reinstall the plugin, maybe I forgot some steps while setting up the cloud... I'll take a backup of the config.php file and if I have to reinstall, I won't have to write it another time.

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Ok, I had SOLVED the problem. What I did was to disable the "OMV User & Group Backend" plugin from Owncloud and then I could change the "admin" password from the Owncloud GUI. When it was done, I checked if the password was successfully changed (log out, trying to log in with "admin" and "openmediavault" I couldn't (SOLVED!). Then I tried to enter with the new password, I could log in and then I re-enabled the "OMV User & Group Backend" and now it works without any problem.

Just in case someone has the same problem.

My NAS:

Plugin list:

Zitat

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!