Sync from local to remote share (plugin)

• Hi ... my first post here: I'm Michael from Berlin, came over omv while struggeling with first, second and last steps on a Zyxel NSA ... i gave them 2 Years their progress is ridicilous, this much to instant NAS!

After luckyly copying the Data to OMV i have a Raid1 called data ... that much so good ...

Now i try to sync my local data to online storage by webdav through remote share plugin and rsync/backup ... (Im not so sure mirroring whole the data or only business data, it depends ...)

When i apply the settings for the dav-Server, i can only choose the data-filesystem for the home of the online-share ... that means, that mirroring data means also copying the content of online.

I think this is a Problem, is there a solution? ;)

Greetings from Berlin
    Micha

Q29000-ITX
    omv 4.1.8.2 | 64 bit | backport kernel | omvextras

• Hi Micha,

I'm not sure if I get your problem properly.
    The webdav part of the remoteshare plugin allows you to mount an "online storage" to a shared folder on OMV. Once mounted you can copy data into that share and the data will be copied to the online storage via the davfs2 backend. So if you want to mirror data to that share via rsync you need to specify this share as the target of the rsync job.

So to say you need to have two shares. As source the shared folder of the data you want to upload and as target a shared folder you have mounted your online storage via the remoteshare plugin.

Does that make sense?

Und wenn wir es besser auf deutsch diskutieren sollen, dann koennen wir das auch machen ;)

Gruss,
    SlashOpt

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• Echt, darf man auch Deutsch schreiben .... finde ich zwar lame, aber mein englisch ist doch zu grauenhaft geworden:

Ich habe zwei shares angelegt, eine namens "online", das auf den Onlinespeicher von 1und1 verweist und eins zeigt auf home-dir

Aktuell läuft rsnapshot, wirft aber Fehler aus ("rsync: chown "/media/73820577-4760-44cb-af37-778dfc86c74f/online/home/data/data/home/daily.0/pi/xxxx" failed: Invalid argument (22)")

Auch ist die Ablage im Online-Verzeichnis etwas "schräg"

Q29000-ITX

• Hi,

Englisch ist bevorzugt aber wenn du das Problem so besser in den Griff bekommst ;)

Kann sein, dass 1und1 keine Ownership changes zulaesst. Oder mann muss mit den davfs2-Optionen etwas spielen. Ich hatte bei meinen Tests mit einem Box.net Account auch immer wieder mal "Probleme" mit den Ownerships bzw Timestamps der Dateien.

Was meinst du mit "Ablage ist schraeg"?

Gruss

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• Auf das mit den Rechten wäre ich vielleicht auch gekommen, aber die Optionen in der fstab ... grusel .... ;)

na ... /media/md0/online/data/data/home/daily.0/pi ... ab /media/md0/online meine ich, warum fügt rsnapshot einige Vz doppelt ein ...

Q29000-ITX

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!