Weird error on access "misspelled" ???

• Just as the post says. WTF. All this work to set it up. I can access reads under FTP but nothing under windows. I can see the folders but I get the F(&$y F(&y!!!

I even recorded the error to youtube!
    http://youtu.be/xnubnhKj69M

I tried updating OpenMediaVault and deleting all my shares. I created it again and still get this message.

How is it spelled wrong when it made it pop up?

And this is the message when I click diagnose.

It is only with windows shares. I can access the folders with FTP. Bad news is that I cant even map the drive like this or add files.

• Do some more research before assuming that something is 'misspelled'. Windows is only suggesting it COULD be misspelled, but that's not the case. It can be a simple permissions issue. Make sure the share is available to be read and written by everyone. If that allows you to see the contents, then start working on individual permissions if you have to. Also, upper and lower casing does matter with any *nix system, so make sure everything is consistent with that.

• I tried with permissions allowing everyone and the case was not an issue.

I fixed the problem completely. I just removed the drive it was installed on and popped in an SSD with freenas 8.2. After a short configuration Now it is working fine with permissions and dlna. Goodbye to openmediavault forever.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "kogashuko"

I tried with permissions allowing everyone and the case was not an issue.
    I fixed the problem completely. I just removed the drive it was installed on and popped in an SSD with freenas 8.2. After a short configuration Now it is working fine with permissions and dlna. Goodbye to openmediavault forever.

Maybe the best solution for you, but bad for the OMV community. All help is needed from the community to make OMV better, maybe digging a little bit deeper would help to find out whether your problem is a bug or a user error. Sadly we do not find it out now.

• I am using a somewhat different setup. Atom board with onboard raid controller configured to normal sata operation. I got bugs from day one when I could not format the 3tb hard drive and I had to do it with a liveusb version of ubuntu to get my full 3tb. Research showed that this was a common problem. The setup and install was very straight forward. However, I was running the os off of a SSD that consisted of a CF card with ATA adapter. I was not worried about this bc it would take years to run out of writes. There is just a bunch of variables that could cause problems. However, you can't mark something down for user error when the user configures the thing using the controls in the gui and it doesnt work right.

I really like the polished feel to OMV but I needed something running like right away. My original reason for going to OMV was to use a NTFS hard drive. After a brief install with the 1tb NTFS hard drive it was clear that OMV was not designed to run primarily with an NTFS drive. Additionally, the drive seems to have some sort of mental health issues after years of use on a big box nas that apparently does not spin down the disk. As a result the disk seems to go to sleep right in the middle of large file transfers. This has nothing to do with OMV but simply means that when I would have to transfer files from old to new drive anyway. I specifically checked the compatability on my particular board with Freenas prior to purchase. I did not do that with OMV. So the decision to go to freenas to get the thing running was a logical one.

If OMV ever comes equipped from the intial download with DLNA and transcode feature I can see giving it a try again. In that case I would be building a new box anyway to get a duel core atom to support transcodes. In the meantime I am simply running my Freenas box with minidlna and a whole house media center pc with multiple HDMI splitters.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!