BTSync with AUFS Pool permissions?

• Hello,

I'm trying to get BTSync working however when I go to add the share folder I created for BTSync I get "Error Code:101. Don't have permissions to write to the selected folder."

I created a shared folder in my aufs pool where my files will land. From that folder I will use couchpotato to rename and transfer to my media share folder, if I can get this working.

OMV 1.9 - Lenovo Thinkserver TS140 - Xeon E3-1200 v3 Series w/ 8GB Ram: 3 x 3TB WD RED - AUFS Pool, 1 x 16GB Samsung SSD System Drive
    Plex - Syncthing - Couchpotato - Sonarr - NUT

• Hi theory,
    If you do not have certain reasons to use btsync you might want to try SyncThing, . For SyncThing, an OMV plugin has been recently developed and it is fully maintained. As far as I know the OMV-btsync plugin ist not actively maintained anymore.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Hi theory,
    If you do not have certain reasons to use btsync you might want to try SyncThing, . For SyncThing, an OMV plugin has been recently developed and it is fully maintained. As far as I know the OMV-btsync plugin ist not actively maintained anymore.

I have no loyalty to btsync, its just what I have on my current setup (seedbox with btsync, windows 8 tablet with external drive for files to sync to, transfer to 2 bay qnap with couchpotato which removes the file from the sync folder). I just built my Lenovo TS140 OMV box and I am really new to this, planning to have the OMV perform all the duties listed above so I can recycle my old setup for other purposes.

If syncthing has more OMV support in the community I can happily migrate over.

Btsync daemon user cannot write to shared by default. You can solve this by adding btsync user to group users (cli), adding acl to share or open the share in 777 mode.

When you say open the share in 777 mode, is that as simple as setting it up as "everyone" has r/w access when I create the shared folder?

OMV 1.9 - Lenovo Thinkserver TS140 - Xeon E3-1200 v3 Series w/ 8GB Ram: 3 x 3TB WD RED - AUFS Pool, 1 x 16GB Samsung SSD System Drive
    Plex - Syncthing - Couchpotato - Sonarr - NUT

• If syncthing has more OMV support in the community I can happily migrate over.

Hi theory,
    well, syncthing is actively developed and maintained, so yes, it seems so.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!