Shared Folder Permission

• Hello Team,

I have just recently made changes on a shared folder (which was perfectly running) on my OMV1.9 Storage

What I did:

• add additional user (Permission) - Works!
    • add ACL for the user to be able to add/delete/edit files and subfolders - Error

Error is:

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all --recursive -m 'default:user:adrien.f:7,user:adrien.f:7,default:user:arnold.r:7,user:arnold.r:7,default:user:benedict.l:7,user:benedict.l:7,default:user:bengie.u:7,user:bengie.u:7,default:user:bonidee.r:7,user:bonidee.r:7,default:user:chris.f:7,user:chris.f:7,default:user:liberato.t:7,user:liberato.t:7,default:user:mon.g:7,user:mon.g:7,default:user:neil.h:7,user:neil.h:7,default:user:richard.f:7,user:richard.f:7,default:user:rommel.a:7,user:rommel.a:7,default:user:venus.r:7,user:venus.r:7,default:user:vincent.v:7,user:vincent.v:7,default:user::7,user::7,default:group::7,group::7,default:other::5,other::5' -- '/media/71014af1-991e-4ebd-a7e5-b9ad00c052b2/Tier2-SysAdmin//' 2>&1': setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 454' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1172
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

What I did for troubleshooting is:

• Restart SAMBA
    • Reboot Server

I really cannot find anything unusual on the "usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1172" which is specified on the error message.
    Anyone who also got into this?

I found a related thread on the forum but post isn't updated: permisions and users group

Thanks in advance 8)

• Offizieller Beitrag

What filesystem is the shared folder on? ntfs?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV1.9 Storage

Well that error only takes effect on that specific shared folder. Tried adding users to a different shared folder and it works fine (just to isolate the issue).
    I haven't made anything different on the folder that had encountered this error. Really strange.

• It still gave the same error message.
    Maybe in the new future, "reset" function notifies (pop-up) once settings are reset. Hehe.

Anyway, I am pretty sure that I have reset the setting more than 4 times before adding the ACL for the user on the shared folder.
    Another thing is, just out of curiosity, I added a different user to the shared folder and it does give the same error. Which really indicates that the problem is on the shared folder.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope. This is the button he was talking about.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!