How to lock .xls files when open in a share?

• Hi guys!

Im trying to set up my smb.conf, and cannot find the solution of the problem

When user1 (ubunutu machine) opens a xls placed in a share, then user2 opens the same file, it opens whithout any warning that user1 is editing the file.

i tried to disable oplocks, kernel oplocks, without any success. I want that when user1 opens an xls file in that share, the srver locks the until the useres closes it.

is it posible???

here is my smb.conf file

oplcoks, kernel oplocks, and other parameters....seems to have no effect on what im trying to do.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So the file locking works for you? Is this omv 1.x?
    Weird thing is another user was asking last week why it wasn't working in omv. But is enabled by default as I understand.
    The options mentioned here are don't work?https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/locking.html

I couldn't find the footprint in the Web page that mentios on which version of samba is valid .

• I think it is a Openoffice change.

In versions from 2.0 to 2.4 of openoffice the file locking works great. When i try to open a file that its already in use, a message saying "the file is locked for editing" appears.

When i use newer versions of Openoffice, the behaviour changes. I can open an already in use file and i can change whatever i want, causing data loss in the files.

• Thanks for your reply!

I checked out, and they are enabled. But testing with in the clients pc, i can see that, there are versions of libre/openoffice, that dont create any .-lock file!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!