OMV 1.19 armhf RPI2 root file system at 100% !

• After updated and re-installing over and over for over couple weeks now. I have figured out what has been causing so many issues with omv on my RPI2.

The Root file system is full! Anyway to fix this or extend it? I have a 32gb microsd card in my rpi2 and much of that space is not in use.

/dev/root shows 100%!

OMV 2.1.5.1 (Stone burner) ARMHF | RPi 2 + 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 48MB/Sec | WD My Book 1140 4TB (Hitachi HDD) USB 3.0 | WD My Book 1230 4TB (WD Green HDD) USB 3.0 | Samsung 2.1Amp PSU

• Do this via ssh if you can:
    apt-get clean
    rm /var/log/*.gz

Then do:
    df -h

See how full it is. Maybe you have a bad rsync job or something. Also, if you do not add a RTC module you will be blowing all kinds of errors that fill the logs.

• I did those commands as root in putty with no change. It shows about 3mb free on the web gui. I dont have a RTC for it.

OMV 2.1.5.1 (Stone burner) ARMHF | RPi 2 + 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 48MB/Sec | WD My Book 1140 4TB (Hitachi HDD) USB 3.0 | WD My Book 1230 4TB (WD Green HDD) USB 3.0 | Samsung 2.1Amp PSU

• I tried to get you in the web gui but it is still too full. You need to find what is taking up so much space. Usually a bad rsync job casues this. Did you have any rsync jobs???

• I was just trying to toy with 2.0 too. I upgraded a few minutes ago. Still no change in the size of the file system. This is a fresh install btw. I had to whipe it several times because i constantly get error popup messages in the web gui. "error - commonication error".

• Plex and smb/cifs are the only things enabled. But plex is red on that list on the new stone burner menu.

**Plex just turned blue**

• Yeah, you get that error probably at like 85 percent full. You start filling logs like crazy above 80 percent with warning that drive space is low. It is best to always keep system drive well below 80 percent full.

Give me output of this now:
    df -h

Red dot just means it's not running.

• OMV 2.1.5.1 (Stone burner) ARMHF | RPi 2 + 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 48MB/Sec | WD My Book 1140 4TB (Hitachi HDD) USB 3.0 | WD My Book 1230 4TB (WD Green HDD) USB 3.0 | Samsung 2.1Amp PSU

• it is a 32gb sd card - how can i make the root fs bigger? Where is a good place to get a RTC for the RPI2?

• No other partition was created on the MicroSD card. It is a 32GB card. Only what the img file created with Win32DiskImager.

How can i increase the partition size?

• Ah, it is the one that Aaron put on the image. When no drive is mounted there are errors. That is why he does this. Just a minute. I get some info.

In OMV's web gui:
    unmount rrdcache filesystem
    delete rrdcache filesystem

Then in command line:
    fdisk -l (to list the partitions which gives the /dev/mmcblk0 )
    fdisk /dev/mmcblk0
    p
    d
    3 (should be mmcblk0p3)
    w
    shutdown -r now

After reboot you can use raspi-config to expand the root filesystem.
    It seems the kernel has to release the old partition table. This will not be done til reboot. (I believe there is command to do this too)
    I think if you expand root filesystem before you are using the new partition table you will corrupt filesystem.
    So rebooting to new partition table may be key to prevent this.

• Awesome! Thanks a ton! Also, what is the overclock setting that you use for your rpi2? I had mine set at 800mhz. Should i set to 900? or back to 700?

• I used to be a gamer. You are running this as a server. Do you really need an overclock??? I don't use one. I just laugh at this overclocking the RPi stuff. It is much better than the old Pis. It is up to you man.

• You fixed it! I just want the most performance for my rpi2 Plex server :). I am a part time gamer currently - the navy and my family take up most of the time that i used to spend playing games...

• Oh, do you think that my 8GB USB 2.0 drive will be ok for the plex database? It is 55% used so far. Or should i just use the root fs for the plex database?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!